Barbara J. Ziv is the founding member of Barbara J. Ziv, L.L.C.. For more than 45 years, Barbara has practiced as a family law attorney, focusing on representing individuals seeking advice about divorce, child custody and support, spousal support, and property division.
Barbara graduated Cum Laude from Barnard College of Columbia University in 1972, and received her law degree from Tulane University Law School in 1975. She is licensed to practice in all Louisiana state courts. In addition to becoming certified by the Board of Legal Specialization as a Family Law Specialist in 1995, Barbara has been selected each year since 2007 by Louisiana Super Lawyers as one of the top family law attorneys in Louisiana.
- Founding Member, Barbara J. Ziv, L.L.C. (2010-present)
- Sole practitioner, Law Office of Barbara J. Ziv (1985-2010)
- Partner, Castano & Greenbaum PLC (1981-1984)
- Associate, Baldwin & Castano PLC (1976-1981)
- Law Clerk, Office of the Louisiana Attorney General (1974)
- Louisiana (1975)
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- LegalShield (Referral Attorney)
- Family Law Board Certification Examination Committee (1995-1996)
Tulane University Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana (J.D., 1975)
Honors: Moot Court Board
Barnard College of Columbia University, New York, New York (A.B., Cum Laude, 1972)
Honors: Dean's List
- New Orleans Magazine - Top Lawyers (2015-present)
- Family Law Specialist, Certified by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization (1995-present)
- Louisiana Super Lawyers (2007-present)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Lawyers™
Click Here to contact us regarding your New Orleans area divorce and family law needs.